Follow these easy safety tips to ensure your little ghosts and goblins have a safe Halloween.
1. Use face paint or makeup instead of masks which cover the eyes and make it hard to see.
2. Patch test makeup/paint first to avoid skin irritation or allergic reaction.
3. Bring a flashlight.
4. Add reflective tape to costumes, skateboards, bicycles and other accessories so children can be seen easily in the dark.
5. Tackle one side of the street first, then the other. Remind children to look both ways before crossing the street and plan a route before setting out.
6. Only visit homes with the light on.
7. Never go inside. Remind children not to get into cars or enter the homes of strangers.
8. Inspect candy. Candy should not be eaten if the package is already open.
9. Parents get to keep a quarter of the candy children collect.
10. Have fun!