Our Experienced and Knowledgeable Team is Committed to Mentoring the Next Generation of Skilled Helpers
We regularly accept a limited number of students seeking practical experience near the end of their studies at both the Master and Bachelor level.
Bachelor of Social Work, Indigenous Social Work and Justice Studies Practicums
Domestic Violence Unit
- Major, in-person Social Work and Justice Studies Practicums welcome
- Gain experience in a Victim Services context assisting clients navigate intimate partner, family and elder abuse including how this occurs within the criminal justice and other systems
For more information, please speak to your Practicum Coordinator, or e-mail Jen Renwick – Director of Gender Based Violence Prevention Services
- Mini and major, in-person Social Work Practicums welcome.
- Gain experience in providing counselling intake services for Community, Ministry of Social Service referrals and Employee Assistance Program. In addition to the general intake role, we provide system and support navigation for community resources, risk assessments and Family Service workshop management.
For more information, please speak to your Practicum Coordinator, or e-mail Sarah Mercer – Director of Operations
Young Parent Program
- Mini and major, in-person Social Work Practicums welcome
- Gain experience with young adults, mostly women between the ages of 15-22
- Learn how to support young parents, and participate in the impactful work at the Shirley Schneider Support Centre
For more information, speak with your Practicum Coordinator, or e-mail Christine Andres – Director of Counselling and Community Outreach
Master of Social Work, Master of Psychology, Master of Counselling Practicums
- In-person practicums for a minimum of 4 months
- Will gain experience with individuals, couples, families and children. Intern counsellors will provide sessions through Family Service Saskatchewan’s Rapid Access Counselling Program and also maintain caseload of adults and children
Please send your resume and cover letter to Joanna King – Clinical Counselling Supervisor