Support by phone or in person
WE’RE HERE TO HELP
YOU ARE NOT ALONE
Each year, hundreds of people turn to our Domestic Violence Services for support. If your spouse, partner or someone in your family has been abusive, we are here to help.
Our staff can offer emotional support, provide information, assist with safety planning, and help put you in touch with other supports you may need.
All Domestic Violence Services are free of charge and confidential.
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE SERVICES
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE COUNSELLING
We offer quick access to single-session and/or brief therapy for individuals seeking counselling relating to domestic violence.
Our services are prioritized for individuals who do not have access to workplace benefits, who live on a fixed or low income, and who otherwise may experience long waits for publicly funded services.
Services are provided by professional counsellors who hold education in the counselling and mental health field and who are licensed with a professional regulatory body to provide this service.
If your situation is urgent, or you feel at risk, please contact Mobile Crisis Services 306.757.0127 or proceed to the nearest emergency room.
VICTIMS COMPENSATION BENEFITS
Victims of crime are able to apply for reasonable expenses resulting from criminal acts of personal violence, such as physical and/or sexual assault, murder, robbery, and kidnapping.
You may be eligible for compensation if:
- the crime occurred in Saskatchewan
- the crime is reported to the police
- application for compensation is made within two years from the date of injury, or in the case of sexual assault, within two years from the date the offense was reported to the police.
You do not need a lawyer to apply.
You can be compensated for reasonable expenses including:
- certain medical costs (such as ambulance and prescriptions not covered by another plan and dental, chiropractic and eyeglass costs)
- counselling, including traditional Indigenous healing methods, while you are involved in the criminal justice system
- funeral expenses to a maximum of $5,000 where not covered by other programs
- loss of income where it is not covered by Employment Insurance, Workers’ Compensation or an insurance plan
- damage to or loss of clothing as a result of the crime.
Compensation is not available for pain and suffering, personal property damage, or legal fees.
GROUPS FOR RELATIONSHIP VIOLENCE
Tuesdays from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Insight is a 9 session self-guided group based around growth and healing. This is for people who have been affected by intimate partner and/or family violence, who want to grow toward healing and strengthening themselves.
This group runs three times a year – January (Zoom), March (in-person), and September (in-person)
Pre-Registration is Required – Contact Kelly at 306.757.6675
Wednesdays from 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The Connect group is a safe environment for connecting with others, with the main goal of giving and receiving support for all who have experienced intimate partner and/or family violence.
The format alternates between times of sharing, information sessions, discussion nights, guest speakers, and creative expression nights.
This group runs weekly, with the option of attending by Zoom, or in-person.
See our calendar for details on how you can attend, and what is planned for a particular date.
Pre-Registration is not required, but feel free to call for more information.